Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Employment for H-4 spouses of H-1B holders

      DHS announces a final USCIS rule, effective May 26, 2015, that makes eligible for employment authorization H-4 spouses of H-1B nonimmigrants who are either the beneficiary of an approved I-140, Petition for alien worker, or are holding H-1B status under AC21 section 106(a) or (b), i.e. Applying for H-1B extension beyond 6-year limitation.
       So spouses of H-1B holders should file  the I-765 , Application for employment authorization, together with spouse's the I-539 and corresponding filing fee.
       This is great news for lots of foreign professionals whose spouses were not aloud to earn income. This new rule will significantly affects Indian community because the professionals from India have to wait for several years until the immigrant visa becomes available. 
        This is first step towards the immigration reform!

No comments:

Post a Comment